
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Pioneer Day
For Pioneer Day this year we were contemplating going to the Days of 47 Parade in Salt Lake. We have never done it before and since my parent's are here we thought it might be fun. After learning the people spend the night for a good spot or that one of us would have to be up there at 5 am we decided that it was not worth it. We instead went to the Fiesta Days parade in Spanish Fork. We not only got to see a parade but McGregor and Victoria North(Josephine's children) were playing in a pipe band in this one. There were also some Yankee Soldiers. I think next year maybe I should talk to the city of Spanish Fork about going with the wrong side on that one. Later that night we all went to Cameron's parent's house for a Bar-B-Que. Chris, Cameron's mom had a volleyball net set up so we could all play but you will notice that there are no pictures of me playing that because that is one game I am really bad at and I didn't want to embarrass myself that way. After the sun went down we had our annual sidewalk of fire which is always lots of fun for the kids. This year was especially fun for my children because their father let them light some of the fireworks themselves. I have included a picture of Grace lighting her firework and the end product. The picture of Blake and me is not that great because Blake is getting his two year molars and was having a rough night. It only got worse and I was up watching Dora the Explorer til 2:30 in the morning when the Motrin finally made the pain go away and he went to sleep. All in all it was a fun day and a good chance to remember the pioneers who did so much for the church. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
cute pictures! Glad you had a good pioneer day! Poor Blake, I hate the molars coming in!
Post a Comment