Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bowling/Hinckley Alumni Building/Thanksgiving Point Gardens

The first thing we did was bowling, my kids love to bowl and lucky for me they are starting to get better about taking turns. The actually don't cry any more while they are waiting. B does do weird things, this time he started sliding down the ball ramp. I took his picture so G needed one also. I should probably find something else they like becasue I am really bad at this game. Oh well as long as I am having fun I guess. This game B won with a grand total of 120. I guess that shows how bad the rest of us where. G came in a close second but of course yet again I was last.



The second place we went to was the Gordon B. Hinckley Alumni and Visitors Center at BYU. We decided to do this first because I have only been on campus once since I graduated and that one time I didn't see any of the new buildings. Second because I got this little book in the mail called the Utah Valley Adventure Passport. It has ten things in it that you should do in Utah County. I was showing it to my mother and telling her the things in it I wanted to do. She started reading through it and saw that if I did all them then I get some sort of reward so I decided to do them all. This will make number one. It is a very beautiful building and has some great memorabilia on President Hinckley. It also has an area with history of BYU, go figure. Anyway the only two pictures I took here was my son being naughty which is not unusual. Of course he would want to touch the one thing he is not suppose to touch.

Our third stop of the day was the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. This is also one of the stops in the passport so I got two in one day. This in my opinion is a most see in Utah County. They are really beautiful and we had a lot of fun. We were a little lazy, it was late in the day and very hot so we rented a golf cart to drive around in. It is 55 acres so driving was nice. My favorite garden was the Secret Garden. I love that book and movie and they did a good job fulfilling a little girl's imagination. They also have a children's garden that is included in the price of the main gardens so we did that too. If you are going to do that one be warned that there is water to play and they will get very wet. B fell running but I do wonder if it was on purpose. Also I didn't mention that their waterfall is the biggest man made waterfall in the western hemisphere(I think that is right if it is wrong I will change that). This was a very fun day and I did two new things, go me!


2 comments:

hil said...

hi Kate! this is Hillary Judd Parmenter. your kids are so cute and so are you! it sounds like things are going well in your life and i am glad.

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

It's so fun to see your old friends' kids. They are really cute! Funny that you and Erin both have a blonde baby. Darby and Kacey both had kind of dirty blonde hair. It was good to see pics of Ma & Pa McVeigh. They were like 2nd parents when we were kids. You look really good, and I must say that your hair stylist has done a fabulous job with you!