Monday, July 28, 2008

Museum of Ancient Life

While my parents were here we got to do lots of fun things. Since we did so many I thought I would do several different posts for them instead of one really long one. They got here on Friday night the 18Th late. Saturday we did the family pictures and Sunday we had church so Monday was our first real day to do something fun. Well Sunday night we discovered after the kids had had their baths that our hot water heater was not working. After playing with it for an hour and a half Cameron gave up and we all came to terms with cold showers. First thing the next morning I called a water heater place and they said that they could be there by 12 am. I didn't want to wait that long to shower so I took the plunge and let me say that I am so glad I live in the day of running hot water because that cold shower was awful. The repair men finally came and they said the fix was easy if they had the part but since it was part specific to our water heater they would have to order it and it would be here the next day. Oh great another cold shower. This was around noon and we didn't want to waste the rest of the say since now we were going to waste the next day also so we decided to go to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. We have been there several times but my kids love it so we decided to take Meme along. She really enjoyed it but would have loved to see one of the 3D movies, I had tried once and it didn't go over to well with the kids so we didn't see one. Anyway so our day wasn't a total waste and on the way home the repair man called and said he found the part we needed and he came and fixed it. Yeah because I was really going to skip my next day shower because I really didn't think I could do another cold one. So the pictures are from my cell phone because I forgot my camera so they are not that great but better than none at all.



2 comments:

Chalan said...

Looks like you had fun with your parents here. Cute pictures!

TheDaleys said...

Hey there! I don't know if you noticed but your husband is bald. I'm jealous your parents came to visit. I can get my mom here on occasion, but one of us will have to die for my dad to visit.