Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Antelope Island/Temple Square

For day two we went to Antelope Island and Temple Square. Since Antelope Island is further north we decided to do that first. For anyone how doesn't know Antelope Island is an island in the middle of the great Salt Lake. Since I had never been out there or anywhere close to the Slat Lake this was my request. It has lot so of different animals out there and we were able to see a few. My picture of the buffalo is not that great but it is the closest one we saw. There or only two animals that live in or near the Slat lake and they are the Brine Shrimp and the Brine Fly. In the picture of B with the magnifying glass he is looking at the shrimp in the visitors center. At the end of the road you can drive there is a ranch so we wondered around there for a while. G and my mom tried their hand at cattle roping and they were great. After we left there G talked us into walking down to the water. I said ok because I had never been down there and thought it would be a good thing to do once. I was concerned that they would want to get in the water and that is gross but I said ok anyway. So we started the long, very hot walk across the beach and B wouldn't walk so my dad carried him and G complained. I did reminder her that this was her idea. When we got out there is smelled awful and people were actually in the water. I told the kids they could put there feet in but when we were almost at the water B started screaming. I looked at him and he was covered in flies and then I could feel them all over me and I started to run back. We did pause for a second for a picture to prove we were there and so we never had to go back. I am glad we did it once but that was defiantly enough for me.






Our second stop of the day was Temple Square. It is always nice to go up and walk around and teach the kids about the temple. First we went to the church history museum. I have been there in a few years so it was nice to see it again. For anyone how hasn't been there in a while there is a new area call I Am a Child of God. It has lots of things for the kids to do. This was good because it keep G and B busy so my parents could actually see the museum. There is a picture below of G in her element playing with babies. After we left there we walked around the temple grounds and then had dinner in the Garden Room at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The kids were a little naughty but after such a long day I think they actually did really well, especially when we were seated next to a fountain. It was a really long day but we had fun.




2 comments:

gigi said...

Kate, this looks like such a fun day for all of yall!

Lori said...

By the look of your parent's faces you can tell that they love their grandchildren and are having the times of the lives. Great pixs and sweet memories. Tell them I said Hi and tell your Mom to start a blog!!