
This is going to be a long post but I want to do it in one so bare with me. One of the main reasons we went to my sister's for Christmas was because she just had a new baby. Baby Will(or
Wilard as I like to call him, his name is really William) was born towards the end of November. He was 8 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long(I hope that is right I can't remember). Anyway he is the sweetest most cuddly little baby. He would be happy to be held all day and that is
ok because as long as he is not crying and my kids are happy I could hold him all day. Anyway it was fun to get to see him for the first time before he got any older. To the left is Will and Erin.


On our seventh day we did my favorite thing, we went to
Acoma Pueblo or Sky City. It is about an hour drive from my sister's house and very much worth it. It is a pueblo that is on top of this mesa that use to really only have one way up, a long flight of stairs. Native Americans still live there today but they have no running water or electricity. We told the kids that we were going to see where Indians lived and while we were there Grace asked where all the Indians where. I told her they were all the people we saw standing around and she said those are not Indians they are not dressed like Indians dress. I had to explain that they no longer run around in feathers and a loin cloth. I think she was very disappointed.

These are just random shots around the pueblo. The one on the bottom left is the oldest part of the pueblo.

These are shots from the boys walking down the
original stairway. I rode home on the bus because I went back to buy a pottery Christmas ornament that one of the residents had made. I was going to put up a picture but I forgot to
take a picture of it.

After we were finished at
Acoma we decided to ride the
Sandia Tramway which is the longest tramway in the world. Let's just say I was a little afraid, the kids however loved it. We tried to take a picture at the top but the sun was the wrong way so it isn't that great. Oh well it will have to do because I really doubt I will do that again.

On the eight day we decided to take a family picture. We just did it in Erin's front room and her neighbor took it for us. I think it turned out really well especially with all the little kids. We also took one of the kids together.


Our eight day was also
Dallin's birthday so we got to celebrate with him. He choose to go to this place cold Hoot's, which is a place that has inflatable slides. We then had cake and ice cream. Later that night we went to dinner,
Dallin's choice, at Chili's. One of
Dallin's presents was another
Legos Star Wars ship so I started to put that together for him(it was double the pieces of the first one I did). Half way through I realized a piece was missing. Jim had to order it and they said it would take three weeks to get there. I was bummed. They have since gotten it and the ship is all finished.

The kids playing at Hoot's.

On the trip home we decided to break up the
boringness of the drive by stopping at Mesa Verde. Cameron and I had been there once before but we did not get to go into any of the ruins so Cameron has wanted to go back ever since. At this time of year only one ruin is open and the drive through loop so Cameron is not fully satisfied so we will be back but I think that it is good enough for now. The kids had fun running around and getting out of the car.

At the Spruce Tree house ruins.

The sun Palace Ruins.
I just want to send a big thanks out to my sister and her family for letting us crash her house for so long, especially during the holidays and after having a new baby. We had lots of fun and are very glad we got to experience New Mexico. Thanks and we love you guys!
1 comment:
Yikes that first picture of me is kind of scary!
Post a Comment