The Tuesday before Christmas we made the long drive to my sister's house in New Mexico so we could spend the holidays with my family(my parents flew out from Georgia). We left at 9 am and didn't get there until 9 pm. Some of that was our fault because we decide to stop at Arches National Park on the way. We wanted to hike out to the delicate arch but they said the path was very icy and since we had the kids we decided it wasn't a good idea. We did hike to the double arch and we went to the view point of the delicate arch. It was a nice way to give the kids a little time out of the car to run around. They both did really good on the drove and only asked are we there yet about two hundred times.
Grace and Blake at the south arch of the double arch.
Grace working on her picture taking skills at the same arch as above.
The kids and I at the delicate arch view point. You can see the arch behind us to the left. Cameron and I have hiked out there before and he will tell you I was a real trooper or pain in the butt depending on his mood that day. My guess on most days it will be the later.
The first day we were at my sister's was Christmas Eve so we didn't do a whole lot. Cameron did put hardware on her kitchen cabinets(he is a perfectionist so she wanted him to do it so they were all straight). That night we had a yummy dinner, watched a movie of the Christmas story and then the kids decorated cookies for Santa. All the kids also got to open one present except for Grace because she was quiet naughty. The second day we were there was obviously Christmas. The picture to the left is all the kids waiting for the parents to check and make sure Santa had really come.
Grace showing off her goods for Santa. I am not sure what Santa was thinking bringing her that Barbie(it sings) but next year maybe he will rethink what he gets!
Blake had a train Christmas. Santa brought him a big train table that thankfully he left at our house so everyone else got him trains to go with it. I did feel bad though because Christmas day he kept running around my sister's house looking for his train tracks. He was very excited when we got home and they were here.
This is what I did all Christmas Day. Dallin(my nephew) loves Star Wars and he loves Lego's so my mom got him this Lego set for Christmas. I have a secret passion for putting them together so I volunteered to do this for him. It was fun but it took a while. He was very happy when I finished and I think it rocketed me into favorite aunt position! (Just kidding)
Grace showing off her goods for Santa. I am not sure what Santa was thinking bringing her that Barbie(it sings) but next year maybe he will rethink what he gets!
Blake had a train Christmas. Santa brought him a big train table that thankfully he left at our house so everyone else got him trains to go with it. I did feel bad though because Christmas day he kept running around my sister's house looking for his train tracks. He was very excited when we got home and they were here.
This is what I did all Christmas Day. Dallin(my nephew) loves Star Wars and he loves Lego's so my mom got him this Lego set for Christmas. I have a secret passion for putting them together so I volunteered to do this for him. It was fun but it took a while. He was very happy when I finished and I think it rocketed me into favorite aunt position! (Just kidding)

No comments:
Post a Comment