Our third day at my sister's was our first real day to do anything around New Mexico. We first went to the Indian Cultural Center. It was a pretty cool museum that goes through the history of the area and then show lots of pottery from different tribes around the area. They also had a little hands on place were the kids could weave yarn, do a puzzle and use an Indian drill.
After we left there we went to the Rattlesnake Museum. That place was cool but I was a little worried the whole time I was in there because I was afraid one of those many snakes would get out and get me. Cameron also grabbed a fake snake and nearly scared me to death.
I have no idea what the name of this church is but it was across the square from the rattlesnakes so we went in. Grace wanted to now if this is where aunt Erin attends church. I am not really sure why she would think that.
That night we all went out to dinner at the famous El Pinto Mexican restaurant. If you don't believe me that it is famous just travel on down and see all the pictures in the lobby with famous people in them.
I just really liked this picture so I added it.On our fourth day we went up to Santa Fe. It was a very cold day so we did nothing outside but did get to see a couple of museums and a church. Inside the church I had to keep my kids from playing in the holy water and trying to dive in the baptismal font. Since we were inside at museums all day I didn't take any pictures because they all had no picture taking policy's. I will say that I was a little disappointed in the Palace of the Governors because I thought it would have furnishings from back in the day but all it had was some photographs on one side and the other told some of the history of the area.
Sunday was our fifth day so we snapped this quick picture at church as we were leaving of everyone.

On our sixth day Erin, my mom and I went shopping in the morning and then we got the great privilege of eating at Grandy's. If you are not from Georgia or have not been there and experienced Grandy's then you are missing out. When Erin told me that she had one there I was totally jealous but at least I got to eat there. When we got back Cameron was totally bored so he, the kids, my mom and I went over to Petroglyph National Park. We did the three short hikes. It was fun, the kids got to get out and run around and they really enjoyed finding all the pictures.
These are just different petroglyphs we saw and Grace.
These are just different petroglyphs we saw and Grace.
Cameron and Blake with a stick man. I know this December post is getting long and I promise there is only one more part.

1 comment:
Really cute pictures. I love that orange dress!
Post a Comment