Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cali Trip Day 2

For our second day we headed down to San Diego. Our first stop was Old Town San Diego. I had never been here before and I think I am good I don't need to go again. It isn't very big and the kids were really bored so I think we lasted all of an hour. We did get the cute picture of all the kids (minus Lucy and Savannah) on the wagon there but that was probably the highlight of our time.After that we headed over to Sea World. We were not really expecting to spend too much time here after the way our kids acted last time we came almost two years ago and we were correct. They were a little more interested this time but not much. We saw a few if the animal exhibits and the Shamu show and the Dolphin show but that was it. The one thing Blake was really excited about was seeing the sharks so we did that first. He really wanted a picture with a shark so that is above. After he did it Grace needed to too so that is to the right.

Next we did the Shamu show. While watching it Grace told me that she wants to be a whale trainer when she grows up. She thought it was pretty cool that they got to swim with them.

Pictures from the show above. After we left there and were headed to our next stop my sweet baby decided to poop all over me. It was very exciting. The most annoying part was the fact that I had changed her about 30 minutes before so I am not sure what was going on there.

After Shamu we went to see the dolphins. It was pretty neat because we saw the show the second to last time they were ever going to do it. They are tearing it all out rebuilding and make up a new show for the dolphins to preform. So if anyone is heading to Sea World there isn't a dolphin show for like a year and a half.

To the right is Blake during the show. Cameron thinks he is total into it. Which he very well could be he didn't move the whole time. I think he looks like he is about to fall asleep.

One of the last things we did was see the sting rays. If you look closely you can see him just breaking the water. The kids wanted to feed them so Cameron got two things of food and then ended up having to do it all himself. I think Blake might have done one piece of food but Grace wouldn't touch the raw fish. Who can blame her. Cameron said if felt pretty cool, they kind of just suck it out of your fingers. I think I'm good! After that we let the kids play in the play area for a minute and then we left. We figured we better head back so they could get some sleep for another fun fulled day.

No comments: