Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our New House

As requested by my mother on many many occasions I am going to post some pictures of our house. I will say that I don't think the pictures due all the work my very hardworking husband did justice and those that saw the house before and after know how much he did. Anyway most of the work that was done was in the great room area so I am going to post these pictures first since I have the most here and then later I will show the rest of the house. Hopefully you want get too terribly bored.This is the entry way before not a lot to see but the light is a beauty and the stair rail got quite a bit of work from my husband since it had never been truly finished with a polyurethane.
Stair rail after.
New light.

Just pictures of what the whole space looks like. One reason we got the rug is because there were a few spots that Cameron didn't like after he finished refinishing the floor and it covers them. Also we changed the paint color. It is hard to tell in a picture but before all the walls and ceilings were lavender. Yes I know pretty so pretty much everything in the whole house doors and baseboards included were repainted with some help(a lot of help) from Cameron's family. I hope I have a good picture that will be posted later that shows the beautiful color off.

This is the upstairs family room before paint and new carpet.

This is after. I really really love the new carpet and can't wait til we can afford to do it in the basement also, it is so soft. Also I love having a fireplace but hopefully we will add a mantel one day as well.
Throughout the entry, dining and kitchen there is hardwood and I don't think this picture shows how bad it really looked when we bought it but it was pretty bad. Cameron watched a video on Utube about refinishing floors and decided he could do it himself. It took forever (mostly all the sanding) but I think it turned out great.
The floor after. Both pictures are of the same space.

This is the dining area.
This is the kitchen obviously. They took all appliances except the microwave so we bought all new. Also the sink was pretty dinged and the hot and cold didn't work that great so we bought a new one of those. Also they went through the house and took all the blinds that looked good(we are guessing) and left behind the ones that were really gross so we replaced all of those.
Dining area after. In here we also replace the ceiling fan with a new light.
The kitchen with appliances. I am really happy with the outcome. Of course there are more things they we want to do in the future but for now the budget it spent so we will have to wait. I do want to say that I am grateful to such a wonderful husband who worked none stop for at least two weeks before we moved in and has continued to work since we moved in to make this a great home for our family.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh it is beautiful Kate! You have such wonderful taste for decorating too!

Elizabeth said...

Your house is beautiful! I love everything you have done with it!~

Unknown said...

House looks great Katie! Good job ;)

Chalan said...

Looks good!! the photos don't do your work justice!

Callie said...

great! we will havet o come by one day and see it!