
Let's go racin' boys! This last weekend we made our annual trip to Vegas for Nascar weekend. Yes I know this is so not something you would expect of me but it is fun. Usually I only go to the Sunday race(my mother-in-law watches the kids for me) but this year I decided to go to the Saturday race so Cameron and I could go to the Neon Garage. For those who don't know, which is most people I am guessing, the Neon Garage is in the middle of the track and you can look into all the drivers garages while they work on their cars and you can also go onto pit road. We decided to do this on Saturday because we figured we would have the greatest chance of meeting some of them since the Sprint Cup drivers(the Sunday racers) were doing their final practice. We had a lot of fun and got to see quite a few drivers leaving their cars after their practice was over. After practice we decided to go to pit road for the beginning of the Nationwide race. We walked to down as far as they would let us and then we had to stop. We did not notice that we were standing in front a of the porta pottys but guess where all the races go right before a race. The porta potty! So the left is a picture of me and Brain Vickers and below is me and Carl Edwards. My advice if you are ever at a race and on pit road stand next to the toilet. The rest of the race was just ok except The Biff(Greg Biffle to those who do not know) won. He is my second fav driver.

Carl Edwards #99 and me

Cameron and the kids at qualifying on Friday.

They wanted to be like mom and dad and wear our hats. Grace however really does like Jeff Gordon. Most likely because I do.

Jeff Gordon during practice. I really like his new paint scheme.

Kyle Busch(Cameron's fav) doing his burn out after winning the Sunday Sprint Cup race.

Top left Jeff Gordon singing autographs. Top right Ryan Newman. Bottom left The Biff. Bottom right David Reutimann.

Top left Tony Stewart's new car. I only put him here for Elizabeth, I am not a big fan. Top right Rick Hendrick(Jeff Gordon's owner) and Steve Letarte(Jeff Gordon's crew chief). Bottom leftCasey Mears(the hottest Nascar driver). Bottom right Denny Hamlin(my absolute least favorite driver). We had lots of fun and Blake even made it on the Speed Channel after qualifying on Friday. Too bad we were not recording it.
3 comments:
I am totally and completely jealous!!!! Thanks for the Tony Stewart car picture! Maybe I'll get to go next year!!!????
it looks like you guys had tons of fun! What a great family vacation- your kids are going to have the funnest memories.
Hey I have a question! I'm thinking about getting a pass to Thanksgiving Point. How have you liked having yours? What is can you do there with your pass? Is it worth the money???
If you don't mind letting me know, I'd love to know what you think!
Post a Comment