Friday, February 20, 2009

So this is Love!

When Cameron asked what I what for Valentines Day told him nothing because we were going to be spending so much on the house and I really just wanted the things done on it that we had agreed on. Then after some thought I decided that I wanted new toilets. This is one item that the two of of us had not agreed was a necessary purchase. I figured hey if it is a gift and not in the budget then it doesn't matter if it is necessary. So unwillingly Cameron agreed to let me have my toilets. So yesterday he calls and says that I need to go get the toilets now without him with the kids. Sounds like fun doesn't it. Well it was quite the stressful event. First the toilets we picked out were very expensive. The price we had seen originally was the installation price. So after getting them all the way to the front and ringing them up, I realized that I could not spend that much. So we go to the back again and look for cheaper ones and of course everyone I want is not there. At this point my kids are literally hanging from the rafters and the Lowe's guy is very concerned they are going to die. He found some for me at another store so I had him hold those and went to Home Depot. Same thing there the toilets I want are gone and the kids are very naughty. I don't know how many times I threatened to put them up for adoption(I guess the threat would work better if they know what it meant!) Finally I talked to a sells guy and he found me a great toilets, not too expensive and would actually flush and not get clogged. Well then he only had one and I need three. He goes talks to his manager and comes back and says he will give me the more expensive toilet that is a little higher for the same price. Ok he checks that and he has one. So we now have two. He checks another store and they have seven but he says he will still give me the deal on the two if I want. Cameron says do it. I take him the two and go get the one alone(after I have a break down and cry because my children do not listen). So now I have three new toilets and Cameron has a nice higher toilet. I told him the height doesn't matter for me I am short and my feet will probably not even touch the floor anyway(JK) but hey he is happy and doesn't mind so much that I am crazy and can't use old toilets! The picture to the left is Cameron's higher toilet in the master.


These are the three old nasty toilets. The one on the end isn't even white it is like a brown color.The half bath. I will say that I gave in a little and we didn't replace the toilet downstairs because it was pretty new and didn't look that gross and hey it is just for the kids anyway and since Blake has been potty trained he makes a mess everywhere anyway right. Just Kidding! He is actually doing really well and that toilet really is nice. So now I feel much better about how clean my bathrooms are and I will not feel like I am in public every time I have to use one! This is the most romantic gift Cameron has given me(JK). I guess it shows how long we have been married and the shift in priorities that begins to occur because I am probably the happiest with this gift as I have been with any other.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am glad you found your toilets and for a good deal! I can't wait to see what you do with your cute new house. And bring your kids over here the next time you need to go shopping for the house-then you could actually enjoy all these fun things you get to buy!

Ummm-sorry about the gym this morning-we all slept in until 9:30!