Wednesday, February 11, 2009

January Fun

Since I took all of January telling about December I thought that I would take February to tell about January. I am just going to throw up a few things here that we did. First we did an all cousins play date at the Bean Museum at BYU. It is life science museum with all kinds of dead animals in it. The kids had fun running around and seeing everyone. After we all went to the creamery on 9th for lunch and of course I got a hot fudge sundae. To the left all the kids Natalie, Maddi, Dylan, Grace, Blake, Braxton, and Preston minus Savannah and Alexa.Grace and a zebra. She would pose in front of it because it wasn't scary.

Blake, Braxton and Dylan being bears.
We also decided this month to finally take Grace ice skating. She has been begging all winter so we met Cameron's brother Dan and his family in Midway to go to this out door rink. Five kids 4 and under, one pregnant adult and three adults who haven't skated in forever doesn't make for good ice skating. Also Grace took this opportunity to pee her pants for the first time is forever. Don't get me wrong it turned at to be pretty fun but I do think that ice skate again should wait til everyone is a little older. After we skated we went to my favorite the Dairy Keen. They have the best salads and onion rings, I know it is quiet the combo. To the left is Cameron, Grace, Maddi and Dan.Maddi and Dan.
Grace with a big cheese.
Cameron and Blake.
Cameron and Grace.
The last fun thing we did in January is go to the Draper Temple open house. Grace is always asking Cameron and I what we do at the temple so we thought it would be good for her to see the inside herself. We went up with Ryan, Chalan and their kids. We went in the morning and there was no one there, it was nice you didn't feel rushed or crowded. You first met at a church and watch a video about temples and then you ride a bus over. After you go through the temple you go to a little reception and have cookies. We had fun and it made the temple more real for Grace.Our family outside the temple.
All the kids before the video.
Ryan, Chalan, Blythe and Creed outside the temple.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Dairy Keen rocks my world, and I have to completely agree with you about the onion rings. But it is their shakes that blow me away every time. I may just have to find a way to drive up there soon ... Sounds like you guys did some pretty fun stuff!

Tara said...

What a beautiful temple. How fun to be living around so many cousins for your kids. I know they are building lasting relationships they will always cherish.

gigi said...

It does seem that yall do a lot of great family stuff out there that you could in no way do here. Enjoy!

gigi said...

Happy Valentine's Day little mama.