This is my first attempt at making clothing. I actually bought the fabric to make this dress for Grace last summer and never got around to it so when I found out we where having a girl I thought it would be fun to make it for her instead. It turned out better than I thought that it would and reading the pattern wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. There was one part where you connect the armpit that I had trouble and had to bug my friend Tiffany but other than that it was pretty easy. I had never gathered anything before so the gathering around the body of the dress is a little rough and one of the armpits is smaller than the other. But don't worry I borrowed a few friends babies to make sure it would still fit so I wouldn't have to redo it. Thanks Callie and Heather or should I say Carter and Ella my little models. I don't know that I will be making tons more clothes in the future but it was fun and I will probably try again one day.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Bubble Dress
This is my first attempt at making clothing. I actually bought the fabric to make this dress for Grace last summer and never got around to it so when I found out we where having a girl I thought it would be fun to make it for her instead. It turned out better than I thought that it would and reading the pattern wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. There was one part where you connect the armpit that I had trouble and had to bug my friend Tiffany but other than that it was pretty easy. I had never gathered anything before so the gathering around the body of the dress is a little rough and one of the armpits is smaller than the other. But don't worry I borrowed a few friends babies to make sure it would still fit so I wouldn't have to redo it. Thanks Callie and Heather or should I say Carter and Ella my little models. I don't know that I will be making tons more clothes in the future but it was fun and I will probably try again one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's so cute...way to go Katie...and great to see you on Sat. :)
I love to sew, most of the time. i think that you did a great job if that was your first time. Keep it up becasue the more you do it the better you will be.
That is darling! Are you for hire? I can't believe you had time to do that with just moving into a new house.
Wow, I'm impressed. Looks cute. How do you find the time for all these projects? :)
Post a Comment