
I know that it has been forever since the Fourth but since it is my favorite holiday I didn't want to pass over it. We did a lot of fun things the weekend of the Fourth and I had tons of pictures so I tired to condense them and just show the highlights. To the left is our family at the stadium of fire fireworks(outside on the MTC lawn of course).

Like last year Cameron's brother Dan and his family invited us up to their house on the third to watch the city of North Salt Lake's fire works. This year the Bar-B-Que before was at his wife Katy's brother's house. The kids had fun playing their backyard while the rest of us ate. I don't think they ever eat if we are at a function with other kids. After dinner we walked up to the golf course to watch the fireworks. There was a firetruck sitting down the hill from where we were sitting all the kids wanted to go see it so their nice dads took them. I don't think they were really suppose to get in the truck but Blake just hopped right in so the rest did too!

These are just some pictures we took for the show started.

The nest day(the 4th) Cameron's mom had a Bar-B-Que planned for her whole family. After we ate she had some fun games planned for the kids. One of them was a doughnut eating contest and Cameron decided he better join in on this one. Blake got a little upset because he couldn't get the doughnut in his mouth.

Grace and her doughnut.

The was also a pinata and the kids had great fun smacking that. At the bottom they are gathering up their candy. I am sorry to report that it is still in my house, good thing it is not candy that I am tempted to eat.

That night we did our usual and got KFC and went to the MTC grounds to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks. It was fun and the kids loved playing Frisbee with their dad. Poor little Lucy didn't make it to the show before falling asleep. I guess we will see next year how much she likes them.

Lucy in her red, white and blue.

If you can tell from the first picture Blake loves his little sister. He loves to poke, pinch and squeeze her. I don't know how much love is returned but I think his intentions are good.

We usually do the sidewalk of fire for the family for the 24th but this year most of the family is going to be out of town so we decided to do them on Sunday instead. since that is also Cameron's birthday it worked out good. We had cake and ice cream and fire works, it was fun. Blake picked out the firework he wanted to light and wouldn't let go of it all night, it is pictured with him above. He didn't even try to light any others because he just wanted to do that one with the dragon on it.

He finally got to light it at the very end and he was so excited. It was a great weekend and we had lots of fun. I can't wait for next year!
3 comments:
cute pictures- looks like you had a fun 4th! Love all your cute clothes of red, white, and blue. Lucy looks so cute- you are such a cute mom!
The Fourth of July really is a great holiday, isn't it? There is no pressure to give and receive presents, just a time to gather and celebrate and remember and be grateful. Lucy's little patriotic dress was SO adorable. You guys look great!
Great fun and great pictures, Kate.
Post a Comment