Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baby Lucy

Lucy made her grand entrance this last weekend and everything went great. She weighted in at 7 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches. I think it was my easiest labor and delivery and so far my recovery has been pretty good too. She did give us a little scare when she delivered with the umbilical cord around her neck and you can see from the early pictures she was pretty white but she is doing great and we are so excited to have her in our family. The kids love her and barely ever let her have time for her self. Maybe the excitement will wear off in a week or two. The picture to the left is right after her birth.This was right after they weighed her and cleaned her a little.

My brother-in-law Brady was a great help and watched the kids for us. He even got them over to the hospital within an hour of her birth they were so happy to see her.

They will be great big siblings.

After her first bath in the nursery.

Blake loves his baby and calls her Wucy. I think he still is a little confused that she is no longer in my tummy.

A proud dad and his kids.

Right before we left the hospital to come home.

This was after her first bath at home. I just liked the picture so I decided to put it up here.

14 comments:

Amy said...

She is perfect! What did you decide on for her middle name? And holy moly you look great in those photos! Way to go Kate!

Erin said...

Wow, I think she looks so much like Cameron. Can't wait to see the pics your friend takes...she's a cutie.

gigi said...

Katie, she sure is a beautiful baby. You have a beautiful, all of them. Be happy.
Smiles.

larrasheppard said...

Kate, she is absolutely darling. I can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations!

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

I see sooooo much Blake in her. Maybe it's the blonde hair. You look so good. I don't have any photos of me right after Kacey was born, but I am sure I looked like hell! YOu are both beautiful and I am very happy for you guys! Congratulations!

Tara said...

She is beautiful! What a great family and such a good lookin' family! Hope all is going well! You look great!

kelly said...

Yay!! I've been thinking about you and wondering if she was here, yet. Congrats. I'd love to come see her sometime, just need someone to drive me (broke my foot). And I guess I need directions, too!

Jodi said...

She is beautiful. I can't wait to get over there and see her in person.

Randi said...

Your pictures are beautiful! You look lovely in all of them, not at all like a woman that just gave birth. I'm happy you were able to shower and get all put together for the big day! :)

Callie said...

so cute! such blonde hair! cant wait to see her in person!

Marc and Alexis said...

She is so cute! congrats... I'm so glad to hear things went so well.

Leah said...

She's darling. She has so much hair. No fair! ;) I love how light it is. She is a doll. Congrats!

Amber said...

Congrats!!!! She is beautiful. Enjoy her.

Unknown said...

Beautiful baby guys.