Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Girl!

This weekend we celebrated Grace's birthday. We started out the day at McDonald's because my child is a very big fan of Egg McMuffin's and we never take her for one so I thought it would be a fun birthday treat. After lunch she had some friends over for a Wizard of Oz birthday. She is very obsessed with the Wizard of Oz since we read the book about a month ago. It turned out well and Grace had lots of fun. I just think that maybe next year she will have a quiet family party, I am still tired. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am almost 9 months pregnant! Her cake.
Blowing out the candles.
All the kids in party hats.
Playing in the Rhino. It kind of looks like a clown car. I am kind of glad it ran out of batteries right after this picture so it didn't get broken from all the weight.
For the last two years Grace has begged for a Pinata so this year I gave in. It worked out nicely that I found a rainbow one that went along with the Wizard of Oz theme. To bad not all the kids got a turn to hit it, note to self put the biggest kids at the end of the line. They all forgot about their turns though once they saw all the candy.
This was the Wicked Witch of the West relay race. I didn't give prizes so they decided whatever team won was no longer a wicked witch but they got to be Glinda the Good witch.
They also played pin the heart on the Tin Man. Grace didn't get it at first and cheated by looking and got it right on. I don't think she was the only one to cheat.
She only asked for one present and it was a scooter. She was very happy and has played on it ever since.
With some of her other gifts. I will give a big shout out to my mom for finding the Wizard of Oz dolls for me since they were sold out here. We gave her Glinda and my mom gave her Dorothy. I think she liked these as much as the scooter and they were a surprise. We hope she had a great day. Grace, happy birthday and we love you very much.

2 comments:

Chalan said...

Looks like a fun party- glad you survived! :)what a great mom!

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

What a great theme! Kacey also loves The Wizard of Oz, and tomorrow is her 6th birthday. We will be having a Hello Kitty themed party.