Friday, August 29, 2008

10 Adventures and all I got was....

Well I finally finished my last three adventures so here they are. The first one we did was the Nebo Loop. This is a scenic drive from Payson to Nephi. Neither Cameron nor I had ever done this drive so this one was a fun one to do and one I would recommend it. Blake was sick so he just sat there but Grace just couldn't figure out why we would just drive and have no where to go really. Oh well maybe one day she will get it. Like I said before you end in Nephi and that is pretty close to Fairview where Cameron and his brothers go hunting so of course since it was about a week before the hunt we had to go home that way to scout for deer and let me just say it was loads of fun. They town is really small and only has like two restaurants and it was getting dark so Cameron didn't want to sit and eat. They don't even have a McDonald's. The one gas station has a little grill but since it was 7 at night they were closed so we settled for hot dogs and pre-made sandwiches. Yummy! We got home really late and Grace just kept saying "Can I please go to my bed." That was how bored we all were with the scouting.To get my stamp I had to go another day to the Peteetneet Museum in Payson, they are closed on Saturdays and that is when we went for our drive. The museum use to be a school and now has a bunch of different rooms with different themes, like a Payson City History room, an old school room, a war room from WWI and WWII, etc. In the basement they have a cowboy room and in it they have Rodeo Nation Finals Championship Saddle and it is amazing. I can't remember the winner's name but he is from Utah so he donated it and it is worth seeing and since the museum is free you could just go see that and nothing else and not feel bad. The older gentleman who gave me my tour found out I was from Georgia and felt the need to discuss the Civil War with me for twenty minutes. All about how no one in Utah really understands it. He is from North Carolina so I guess once a southern always southern. The picture below is outside the museum.

My second place was the UVU Woodbury Art Museum. This one I really felt was a waste of time and it was expensive. Right now they have a Da Vinci exhibit, which is kind of cool but for the price they should be the real thing not reproductions of his inventions and paintings and it should take longer than 15 minutes. Maybe it would if you didn't have two small children with you but I still think that this is the one thing I would not suggest to other people.
The third place on my list was Sundance. I have been here many times so we pretty much just got the stamp. We did wonder around a little bit so I could get some pictures. I would suggest going to the spa and getting a massage, Cameron got me one last summer and it was great. I am all done so now to see what I get.

After I finished I went over to the Utah Valley Visitors Center to retrieve my prize and all I got was....a tee shirt. Oh yeah for me. I was a little bugging because the girl told me that if I had had books for the kids and they got their own stamps they too could have gotten a shirt too. I told her they were at every place with me but she said that they had to have a book. Oh well. The shirt is a little lame for all the work and money I spent but I am glad that I did all of them because most of them I hadn't done before. I guess next year I will know and get the kids their own books because yes I will do it again.

2 comments:

gigi said...

Those sound like great day trips and Kate your pictures are great.

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

Cute, cute, cute. Your kids are cute, your hair is cute, what more does a girl need? I love going for drives. Kacey is like Grace. If the drive doesn't take her to buy a toy she doesn't see any point in going.