
Ever since I met Cameron I have heard about these animals that exist by the name elk. Having grown up in southern Georgia I had never seen one of these animals before I moved here. Every year my husband would buy a tag to shoot one of these great beasts and every year he would come home empty handed. I would get the same excuse "It is very hard to get one with a bow since you have to get so close to shoot them." Last year he decided that he would try his luck with a rifle and put in for the cow elk tag but don't draw out. This year he put in again and low and behold he got the tag. Yesterday marked the first day of the hunt and within two hours of him leaving the house he called to let me know that we are now the proud owners of 150 pounds of elk meat. He is very proud of himself for getting his nemesis. We also had to purchase a deep freezer to house all the meat but hey I now have some food storage. I just hope elk meat is as good as I remember from when we were dating!
4 comments:
I remember once when I was at Ricks I was driving down the road and saw what I called "a giant deer" in the back of a passing truck. I called my dad and told him about the amazing giant deer I had seen, and he laughed and told me it was an elk. I don't remember if I've had elk, but buffalo is really good! Send me your address so I can send you a Christmas card. Mine is 16 Paine Street Peru, NY 12972.
Elk meat is great and congratulations to Cameron! Good kill.
Wishing you a very blessed New Year! Love ya.
if the elk meat isnt good you can alwasy try some of our deer meat!we have yet to try it! gice me a call sometime!
Post a Comment