Friday, September 19, 2008

What We Did on Summer Vacation

I decided that I wanted to do a post about all the things we did this summer. Because of Cameron's job we can't take a big family vacation during the summer so I tired to plan fun things for the kids so they wouldn't got to bored, mostly Grace with no school or gymnastics. I am going to do this in two parts so it isn't to overwhelming so here we go. Once a month my sister-in-law Katy and I try to get the kids together for a play date since we live 45 minutes away from each other and the kids do not get to see each other often. The first thing we did for the summer was with them. We went to this children museum called the Tree House Museum in Ogden. The drive was long but worth it. The museum is so much fun and not very crowded since it is so far away. The kids loved it since it was lotsof hands on things and crafts, it even has the oval office as you will so with Grace and Maddi as Commander and Chief. This is a most do and I would love to do it again. It is ranked as one of the top 50 children's museums in the US and with good reason.

We also had the chance to go with Maddi and Preston to the zoo. The kids had lots of fun and loved looking at the animals but their favorite things were the Merry-Go-Round and the train(we had to do that twice). Also Miss Utah was there and since Grace loves everything to do with princesses she had to have her pictures taken with her. I hope that doesn't inspire a desire to be a pageant queen. I guess if it does oh well, there are worse things.
Another play date we had with Maddi and Preston was to Seven Peaks Water Park. Last summer the kids and I had passes there and they liked it so much that I decided to get them again. We went one or two times a week all summer, sometimes with Blythe and Creed who also had passes. Katy and I thought that for our July play date we would go there since it was so hot. The kids always love playing together and adding water to the mix made it even more fun. Katy's little sister Sarah also came along and poor girl got roped into taking the kids on the water slides over and over but I do think that she enjoyed it.


Seven Peaks offers swim lesson in two week sessions so since Chalan and I were already going over there to swim we decided to sign Grace and Blythe up. We took turns taking them and then the other of us would bring the boys over and we would then swim with them for a few hours. I will say of Seven Peaks swim lessons that I thought they were a waste of time and do not think my kids will take from there again.

Along with Seven Peaks we also went to the Scera pool with my friend Callie and her kids Kailey and Jordon. It was a fun pool and the kids love playing together.


The primary in my ward tries to do weekly activities for the children that cost little or no money so the kids have something fun to do at least once a week. One of the ones I went to was in a neighbors yard with lots of different water activities. These are just a few of the pictures I took.Another activity my ward did was to go bowling and since my kids love to bowl I took them. Can you imagine seven kids and three adults. Two where babies but still it was crazy, they didn't really want to take turns. Blake also decided one of the lanes wasn't clean enough so he turned on the lane cleaner. I guess that wore him right out because after that he kept laying down all over the place like he was sleeping, even on the ball return. Grace decided she needed a picture laying down too since Blake had one. It was a lot of work but fun. Good thing we were the only ones in there. The picture to the left is of all the kids who played and doesn't it capture the personalities of children well.
The last thing I am going to post today is the Animal Farm at Thanksgiving Point. Obviously from other posts I love Thanksgiving Point. I had never taken the kids here before so my friend Britti and I decided to go one day. This is probably my least favorite place but it is cheap and the kids get a free pony ride. The picture is of Blake, Jackson, Grace and Max. Below is all the kids on their ponies. Of course Grace had to have the biggest one. She also told me that next time we come she will bring her cowgirl hat for the ride. Well that's enough for now, I will finish summer later and the next one will not be this long.

1 comment:

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

How fun! I remember taking my cousin Amber's little boy Spencer on that same pony ride years ago! I just checked out your sister's blog, and I have to ask: will you make me a birdie bag? It is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You have so much talent!